April 17, 2012
A British peer has allegedly announced a £10-million bounty for Barack Obama and George W. Bush, prompting his suspension from the UK’s Labour party. Lord Ahmed denies this, saying his comments about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were misunderstood.
It all began with the announcement from Washington of a $10-million bounty for information that would lead to the capture and conviction of Hafiz Saeed, suspected of taking part in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
“If the US can announce a reward of $10 million for the captor of Hafiz Saeed, I can announce a bounty of £10 million on President Obama and his predecessor George Bush,” Ahmed was quoted by Pakistani newspaper the Express Tribune as saying. The paper also said Lord Ahmed was prepared to arrange the bounty at any cost, even if that meant selling all his personal assets, including his house.
Lord Ahmed allegedly made the comments at a reception in his honor in Haripur, Pakistan.
The Labour party, of which Lord Ahmed is a member, responded swiftly by suspending his membership and starting an investigation into the matter.
“If these comments are accurate we utterly condemn these remarks which are totally unacceptable,” a party spokesperson told the BBC.
Lord Ahmed denies the claims he set up a bounty.
April 3, 2012
“Ron Paul may be the only one who can save the GOP. The party is in complete turmoil these days.” –KTRN
Presidential hopeful Ron Paul might not represent what his Republican rivals are touting this election year, but the Texas congressman says that he won’t budge on his own beliefs. In fact, says Paul, he wants to come to the rescue of the GOP.
“The truth is, I’m trying to save the Republican Party from themselves because they want perpetual wars, they don’t care about presidents who assassinate American citizens, they don’t care about searching our houses without search warrants and these are the kind of things people care about,” Rep. Ron Paul told CBS’ Face the Nation program over the weekend.
The libertarian legend has time and time again attacked topics on the campaign trail that his Republican Party rivals have left by the wayside. The extrajudicial assassination of American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki and the National Defense Authorization Act, which he calls anti-constitutional, have become major talking points of the politician as he walks the road to the White House, although his right-wing competition has been few and far between in regards to tackling these issues. This reluctance to raise questions about US President Barack Obama’s targeted killing of his own citizens and his approval to essentially suspend habeas corpus by signing into law the NDAA are causing the collapse of the GOP, warns Paul, and he vows to continue vying for his party’s nod as the right’s last great hope.
Speaking to CBS over the weekend, Rep. Paul also pursued an expedient end to the Afghanistan War, an operation the US veteran has long been critical of. “It was a waste, there’s not gonna be a happy ending, and I think the Republicans have dug a hole for themselves because they’re trying to out-militarize the president, say ‘we should do more.’ Yet 75 percent of the American people say ‘we’ve had enough’,” said the congressman.
Throughout his tenure in Congress and while attempting a run at the president, Ron Paul has repeatedly attacked the GOP establishment for failing to offer not just a solution to America’s ongoing wars, but to the liberal ideologies embraced by President Obama. “The other Republican candidates offer nothing more than a continuation of a status quo or actually increasing the militarism we have around the worst, so I think that’s a losing position,” said Paul.
Last month Paul told The Atlantic that both his right-wing competition and liberal-leaning politicians were practically on the same page as far as handling foreign policy in the US. On the topic of sanctions against Iran favored by President Obama and the GOP mainstream alike, Paul put down the attempt at collapsing any nuclear program overseas while at the same time showing how similar both sides of the political spectrum seemed to be in handling the issue.
April 2, 2012
By Madison Ruppert
“The US Ambassador is lying.” –KTRN
According to Ryan Crocker, the American ambassador to Kabul, if the United States does not continue to occupy Afghanistan, al Qaeda would be able to plan and carry out another September 11, 2001-style attack.
Of course, this is hindered by the fact that in reality, neither al Qaeda nor Afghanistan can be held responsible for the tragic events of that day, based on the fact that there is clear evidence of a long-term cover-up and the official story is nothing short of farcical.
Setting aside the fact that the official story we have been sold by our government is full of more holes than Swiss cheese, it is still clear that Crocker is putting forth the same ludicrous fear mongering and disinformation as so many other current and former government officials have.
I have attempted to make it clear to my readers that the supposed date when coalition troops will leave Afghanistan is completely fictitious.
This was first made clear to me last year during the Afghan Loya Jirga and reinforced by decisions to deploy a cutting edge new drone and spend $35 million to expand a prison complex they were supposed to close.
Now Crocker is simply attempting to justify the inevitable sustained presence in Afghanistan by claiming that if we leave it will become a base for terrorists to operate from and strike Western targets.
March 26, 2012
By Madison Ruppert
The United States military has now decided that they will not charge a single soldier with any crime for their role in the airstrike carried out by North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces last year which resulted in the murder of 24 Pakistani soldiers.
This incident significantly hurt U.S.-Pakistani relations and has had a major impact on operations in Afghanistan, not the least of which is the increase of effective gasoline costs up to around $400 per gallon for the U.S. military in Afghanistan.
The American investigation – the objectivity of which is highly questionable – determined that both American and Pakistani troops were at fault.
However, said investigation in December of last year claimed that the Pakistani soldiers fired first. They further claimed that the soldiers fired from two border posts which were not on the coalition maps.
Furthermore, they allege that the Pakistani soldiers did not stop firing when the Americans attempted to tell them that they were attacking allied troops.
Somewhat unsurprisingly, Pakistan rejected all of these conclusions and put the blame squarely on American forces.
The investigation carried out by the United States set up a second inquiry which looked into whether American military personnel should be held responsible for the killings.
This review, which was just recently completed, came to the conclusion that not a single soldier should be punished for any crime whatsoever.
According to three senior military officials cited by The New York Times, the Americans fired in self-defense, thus clearing them of any and all wrongdoing.
They are now claiming that the mistakes which contributed to the tragic and deadly attack were nothing more than the result of battlefield confusion.
“We found nothing criminally negligent on the part of any individual in our investigations of the incident,” one anonymous senior U.S. military official, who has been involved with the inquiry, said.
The American officials spoke only on condition of anonymity due to the fact that the results of the review have yet to be made publicly available.
March 23, 2012
“One has to wonder what really caused this man to commit this massacre. Brainwashing? Mind control? The stress of war? We can only speculate at this point since the US military isn’t telling us anything.” –KTRN
The notorious Afghan massacre suspect has disappeared without a trace from army websites. All photos and combat service details have been removed – but even the military can’t clear the world’s caches.
Immediately after the Pentagon released his name to the press, thousands of copies of Staff Sgt. Bales’ photo were published, and details of his four tours of combat shared. There were even excerpts from his wife’s blog. So why bother trying to delete the un-deletable?
According to McClatchy DC, the military said its intention in removing the material wasn’t to lessen the army’s embarrassment over the horrific attack, but to protect the privacy of Bales’ family. Quoting an unnamed Pentagon official, the paper said that “protecting a military family has to be a priority” and that they “owe it to the wife and kids to do what we can.”
The wife and kids, who have been moved to a military base in Washington State for “security reasons”, have refrained from speculative comments, but Karylin Bales has issued a statement saying both her and her husband’s extended families are “profoundly sad” and offering condolences to the people of the Panjawai District in Afghanistan, where the massacre occurred.
Staff Sgt Bales’ wife went on to add: “Our family has little information beyond what we read and see in the media. What has been reported is completely out of character of the man I know and admire.” As his wife of some years and mother to his two kids, her statement of knowing this man certainly appears to carry some weight – at least, at first glance. But constantly emerging details of the man, his past, his combat tours create such a conflicting profile that it becomes almost impossible to say who knew him, or how well.
Robert Bales enlisted in the army two months after the tragedy of 9/11. He is still referred to as “our Bobby” in his hometown of Norwood, Ohio, where neighbors say his family’s motto was “God, country, family” and Robert, the youngest of five brothers, was a respectful and well-liked boy. “That’s not Bobby” was the sentiment of his mother, one which was echoed by the community.
March 19, 2012
By Roger Marsh
There were many witnesses at an American Marine Corps base when seven lights hovered over the area.
Credits: MUFON database.
An American witness inside U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan, reports there were many people watching a series of “seven equally spaced lights” in the sky that appeared and reappeared during one evening, according to recent testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
“We were all in our office on Camp Leatherneck when we were told to come outside and see these really cool lights in the sky,” the witness stated.
There were many witnesses to the event.
“I know that all of my friends on Facebook that were with us saw the same thing. They were up there long enough that people were leaving.”
The lights were hovering in place, but they disappeared and reappeared again.
“They were up there for a long time without moving. They went away for a while and then came back. They didn’t move or blink or make any noise. They looked like they were really high up but there was nothing to base that on. Pretty cool event.”
The witness provided two images with the MUFON report, which was filed on February 26, 2012. The events occurred on February 7, 2010. Image 1 and Image 2. The above quotes were edited for clarity.
March 14, 2012
By Shlomo Sprung
“Aww, poor Dick Cheney. If he was a decent human being, he wouldn’t have to fear for his life traveling to the evil country known as … Canada.” –KTRN
After sending tens of thousands of troops to Iraq and Afghanistan during his eight years as U.S. Vice President, Dick Cheney canceled a speaking engagement in Canada because it was deemed “too dangerous.”
George W. Bush’s former right-hand man was scheduled to appear in Toronto on April 24 to discuss his time in office and the current American political situation, but bowed out because of demonstrations last fall in Vancouver when Cheney visited. The demonstrations stemmed from Cheney’s approval and endorsement of water boarding and sleep deprivation as methods of interrogation during the Bush administration.
March 14, 2012
By Mike Adams
“One has to wonder if the psychiatric drugs that so many military personnel are given had something to do with the massacre by on the military’s ‘finest.’ It sure didn’t help.” –KTRN
The recent massacre of 16 civilians in Afghanistan by a rampaging U.S. military sergeant has something in common with nearly every school shooting in the USA — something the mainstream media typically refuses to report: These shooters frequently have a history of psychiatric drug “treatment” by psychiatrists.
Psychiatric drugs are now being routinely used across the U.S. military, where violent suicides have skyrocketed to levels never before seen in human history. 18 veterans commit suicide every day, says this NaturalNews article reprinted on CCHR: http://www.cchrint.org/2011/06/04/18-u-s-veterans-commit-suicide-dail…
The story reports:
Prior to the Iraq war, American soldiers in combat zones did not take psychiatric medications, according to PBS Frontline documentary The Wounded Platoon, which aired in May 2010. (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/woundedplatoon/etc/synopsis.h…) But by the time of the 2007 surge more than 20,000 of our deployed troops were taking antidepressants and sleeping pills. These drugs allowed soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder to remain in combat when they otherwise could not. “What I use medications for is to treat very specific side effects,” said Army psychiatrist Col. George Brandt. “I don’t want somebody in a helpless mode in a combat environment. I want to make sure I don’t have someone with suicidal thoughts where everyone is armed.”
March 13, 2012
By Kurt Nimmo
“Doesn’t anyone think the US deserves some kind of punishment for the brutality that this soldier committed? Wasn’t he supposed to be trained by the very best? If the US military were not in Afghanistan to begin with, none of this would have happened. It is time to bring the brave men and women who are there home. They do NOT want to be there.” –KTRN
The Taliban has called for revenge following the massacre of 16 civilians in the Panjwai district of Kandahar Province in southern Afghanistan, allegedly by a U.S. soldier on a rampage. The Taliban posted a message on their website denouncing the “barbaric actions” of “sick-minded American savages” and said they would seek revenge.
“Is there any military … in the entire world which gives legality for unstable persons to be armed and drafted into the military and then be given the duty of so-called peacekeeping?” the group asked.
The Afghan Parliament has also called for immediate action. “We urge the United States government to punish the culprits and put them on trial in an open court so that the rest of those who want to shed our innocent people’s blood take a lesson from it,” a statement read.
The latest incident follows the burning of the Koran at Bagram airfield by U.S. soldiers. The desecration of the Islamic holy book led to violent protests and resulted in the removal of hundreds of foreign advisers from Afghan ministries following the fatal reprisal shooting of two American officers.
March 12, 2012
By Beth Stebner
“The US military once again shows it’s true colors. This would never have even happened if they weren’t there to begin with. It’s time to bring these men and women home.” –KTRN
Nine children and three women were among 16 innocent Afghan civilians shot and killed by a U.S. soldier who opened fire after suffering a ‘mental breakdown’ early this morning.
The soldier reportedly entered the Afghan family’s homes in the middle of the night and opened fire on his victims in a killing spree. A relative of the deceased added that he then ‘poured chemicals over their dead bodies and burned them.’
The U.S service member is said to have surrendered to U.S. military authorities after entering the three homes, and is currently in their custody. Afghan president Hamid Karzai condemned the attacks as ‘an assassination’ and demanded an explanation from the U.S.
The attack could deepen strife between the two countries, as it comes weeks after NATO soldiers burned copies of the Koran – the Muslim holy book – sparking a violent protest that left some 30 people dead.